My photo
C-Town, Michigan, United States
A g33k till the end of the world, a full hearted garage monkey, that loves nothing more than to get grease in his cuts. Sometimes lonely, but never shallow - this Pokemon can be found slaying zombies in the wild

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tennessee Shines

Tonight, was the premier of the first performance of the second season of the glorious "Tennessee shines" program, of downtown Knoxville, in none other than ... the great state of Tennessee! And I have to say, it was a wonderful performance, I've only had the privilege to go once before (because i live in Michigan)





It was quite a wonderful show, bringing new faces, mixed with old ones, set the stage for a wonderful evening of a performance. Hosted by their usual Jim Lauderdale, it was a nice evening. Mixed with some down south fiddle playing, and gospel music, it was a colorful evening. Filled with hoots and hollerin' - lessons in the hillbilly mating calls, fun times.

I was happy, to sit in my room, and listen to the live performance, it made me miss a simpler time, when i was on vacation down south - but none the less, it excited me to hear them preform.

Towards the end, i even fell half-asleep, which was amazing, because i was so relaxed to listen to them play in a semi-coma... I haven't been that relaxed/happy in awhile. But alas, it is over... Can't wait until next month.

I can't forget last month's performance, because it was the first time i got to see it live... We even got special 'reserved seats' which i saved the banner from, and is hanging on my door. I'll never forget hearing "Robinella" sing. She has such an amazing voice, it was breath taking.




And i'll always have a tear brought to my eye, by the performance of Jay Clark, Sunday Afternoon:


But no other song, brings a tear to my eye like this one,



If bluegrass/country/redneck-good-times is your thing, check them out online, you can stream their radio performances for free, they host a few hours on a local radio station - WDVX
http://www.tennesseeshines.com/


1 comment:

  1. I like the video of the girl singer, she's just lovely! I wish I could sing with such ease like she does ^___^ I tried to listen to the other ones, but yeah....not really my thing :( But still, they're talented :)

    ReplyDelete